Average weather in Durban, South Africa
Durban easily averages about 320 days of sunshine a year. The seemingly endless humid summers are hot and winters are warm and sunny. Light rain falls throughout the year, although summer is the wettest season. For most people the best time to visit is between autumn and spring when there's less humidity and temperatures are lower.
Midwinter temperatures range from 16 to 23 degrees Celsius (60 to 74 degrees Fahrenheit) and midsummer temperatures range from 28 to 33 degrees Celsius (82 to 91 degrees Fahrenheit).
What's the best time to travel to Durban in South Africa? Here are some facts:
- On average, the warmest month(s) are January, February and December.
- Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in January, February, March, November and December.
- Durban has dry periods in May, June, July and August.
- On average, the warmest month is January.
- On average, the coolest month is July.
- January is the wettest month.
- June is the driest month.
* Data from nearest weather station: Newcastle, South Africa.
« Select another city in South Africa
« Select another country
Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
This is the monthly total of sunhours
Average percent of sunshine over the year
This is the mean percent of sunhours during the day
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show temperatures in Fahrenheit »
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches »
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.
Average humidity over the year
This is the mean monthly relative humidity