Average weather in Bagdad, Iraq
Baghdad is in terms of maximum temperatures one of the hottest cities in the world. Even at night temperatures in summer are seldom below 24 ° Celsius (75 °Fahrenheit). Because the humidity is very low (usually under 10 percent) due to Baghdad's distance from the Persian Gulf, dust storms from the deserts are a normal occurrence during summer.
Low temperatures can be chilly: the average January low is 3.8 °Celsius (38.8 °Fahrenheit) but lows below freezing also occur a couple of times per year. On January 11, 2008, light snow fell across Baghdad for the first time.
What's the best time to travel to Bagdad in Iraq? Here are some facts:
- The months March, April and November have a nice average temperature.
- Hot season / summer is in April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Bagdad has dry periods in January, February, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- On average, the warmest month is July.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- March is the wettest month.
- August is the driest month.
« Select another city in Iraq
« Select another country
Average monthly hours of sunshine over the year
This is the monthly total of sunhours
Average minimum and maximum temperature over the year
The monthly mean minimum and maximum daily temperature. Show temperatures in Fahrenheit »
Average monthly precipitation over the year (rainfall, snow)
This is the mean monthly precipitation, including rain, snow, hail etc. Show in Inches »
Average monthly rainy days over the year
This is the number of days each month with rain, snow, hail etc.
Average humidity over the year
This is the mean monthly relative humidity
Average wind speed over the year
This is the mean monthly wind speed